ThingBits is an educational electronics kit startup in the emerging IOT (Internet of Things) market. We make hardware devices, gadgets, and software to teach principles of IOT to students, hobbyists, and DYI makers. We are based in downtown Minneapolis and are looking to add a part-time Web Designer and SEO specialist (20-30/hours per week).
Web design and site building responsibilities:
- Web design experience or an eye for front-end development
- Adept at writing current, clean, compliant,search-engine friendly HTML and CSS
- Proficiency with Photoshop, code editors or IDEs, and other web production tools
- Knowledge of technical SEO best practices and a desire to learn more
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience
- Develop link building strategies
- Perform keyword research, analysis, and implementation of targeted keywords.
- Analyze ranking reports and analytics data which may include competitive analysis.
- Perform website evaluations to identify areas of improvement and potential issues.
- Staying up to date with the latest SEO trends and applying best practices